Cute, huh? The (relatively) new Mac Mini.
I've been coveting it since it came out a few months ago. It's so small! And so cute! (And if you don't know this about me yet, I'm a sucker for cute.)
Just think of all the room I'll have in my office at home! I can get rid of that clunky desktop on the floor. Spread out. Maybe for once have a neat desk. (Um...no promises on that.)
And since I'm married to a man who makes Felix Unger look sloppy -- he'd be overjoyed at my potentially neat office. And clean desk. (Just don't open the desk drawers. Or the the closet...And, why yes, those are 8 pairs of black boots. They do too look different from each other.)
So I marched into the Apple store on Thursday night, plunked down my credit card and brought me home my very own Mac Mini. I didn't attempt to start setting it up until Saturday. You know, set it up in an hour or so, post all the old crap on Ebay, and finish my seamless sweater sleeves.
Not so fast, sucker.
Fast forward to Sunday night. Let's revisit my weekend:
- 2 trips to the Apple Store's "Genius Bar"
- 3 calls to Apple's tech support (45 minutes to 1 hour+ each)
- At least one hour back and forth under the desk swapping out cables from one machine to the other
- Another hour or so online surfing Apple's tech support pages
- That seamless sweater? Still sitting in the same place it was on Friday night.
The "set up assistant" just doesn't work. And Apple can't figure it out. So much for their Genius Bar...
Luckily I know a guy who is truly a mac genius. He said he'd come by Wednesday night to help sort out the disaster.
But look how purty it looks in the corner of my desk.